Emerging Leaders Network
Emerging Leaders Network (ELN) exists to train a generation of leaders who will influence the world around them with the message of Christ.
WHAT IS ELN?
ELN is a nine-month intensive, life-shaping discipleship and leadership development program for young adults who desire to live a life passionate for God. Students in this program have the opportunity to become part of a growing, dynamic church that has the resources to help prepare them to become the man or woman God has created them to be.
ELN employs the strategy of “immersion discipleship,” where students are plunged into three pools of learning: hands-on training, focused academics, and mentoring relationships.
Each portion of the ELN program is designed to help students grow in the knowledge and wisdom of God. Great care is taken to ensure that students receive a balanced curriculum that will challenge them and equip them for their future. We also take great care to bring instructors into the classroom that will help to mentor our students–not just lecture.
Our program is designed for students to come for 1 to 3 school years (our third year is by invitation only). While all three years contain personal mentoring, hands-on ministry, and academic studies, each year is a building block for new strengths.
YEAR ONE: DISCIPLESHIP
Each first-year student will:
- Develop a solid devotional life
- Deepen his or her understanding of the Word of God
- Memorize key passages of Scripture related to the life of a growing believer
- Address personal life-issues that could inhibit his or her life or ministry and much more
YEAR TWO: LEADERSHIP
In addition to continuing with first- year goals, each second-year student will:
- Develop and grow in leadership skills and qualities
- Concentrate/Intern in a single area of local church ministry
- Prepare for ministerial licensing (though every student may not complete this process in ELN)
YEAR THREE: APPRENTICESHIP
Those invited to participate in the third year apprenticeship pay no tuition for the entire apprenticeship year.
The following is a list of requirements to be eligible for our apprenticeship program:
- Completed 2 years of ELN
- Receive a recommendation by a member of our pastoral staff
- Be self-motivated to see a ministry flourish
- Be willing to commit a minimum of 9 months to ELN and Life Foursquare Church
For more information about our ELN program, please contact ELN Director, Lynn Cooper, at 217-875-2300, ext. 103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download an application by clicking on this link: ELN student Application